Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ClaireKG ClaireKG is offline

Default first of the month

Excel 2003
I have a status date in one column and need to create a start date of the
first of the month of the status date in another column. For example, status
date is 01/15/1999 the start date should be 01/01/1999. I have used the
concatenate feature, pulling the month and year and inserting text "/01/" in
the middle, but it uses the serial? date number instead. I saw a formula for
the end of the month, is there one to give me the first of the month? If I
put the apostrophe in front of the status date it works, but setting the cell
format as text only shows me the serial? date number. I have over 10,000 rows
to deal with so I'm not going through this manually to add the apostrophe!

Thanks,