Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Craig Craig is offline

Default Bar Graph

Epinn-

Thanks for the links.

"Epinn" wrote in message
Worth checking.

http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

Epinn

"Epinn" wrote in message
Did your boss see that in a presentation? Wonder if it is done in
PowerPoint.

Have you cross-posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting or PowerPoint?
If not, don't do it now until you have waited for a while; something to do
with netiquette. Just a thought.

Epinn

"Epinn" wrote in message
Not attempting to solve your problem. But just want to share with you an
excellent site (tutorial via video) which I have benefited from a great
deal.

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm

Scroll down to "All about charts." It may not give you exactly what you
want but may inspire you? I think a bar and line was discussed.

I may want to experiment your request when I have more time later. Let's
see what the experts say.

Epinn

"Craig" wrote in message
I need some help. I have a bar graph that has values ranging from 98% to
4%. My boss would like me to show the garph maximum value at 10%. He want
to show all bar but at the ones above the 10% he would like to show a break
in the bar and then show the % at the top. He says he has seen it before
and it looks like the bar was pulled apart and it show the bottome portion
up to 10% and then a small portion above the 10% line. He says the edges at
the top looks like a riped piece of paper.

Does anyone know how to do this in done?