Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Rookie 1st class Rookie 1st class is offline

Default From Template Save As Help

J; I have'nt seen her template but if I understand her problem just add an IF
statement (If(customer name="",perform your procedure,). Is this an over
simplification?
Lou

"JLatham" wrote:

PammiJ,
Once I get the answers to email I sent in response to yours this morning
(which may be waiting at home now), I'll be working back in that to get the
whole thing set up the way you folks there need it to be so that it operates
the way you need.

"Pammi J" wrote:

Hi
i have a invoice template and with the help of JLatham i have managed to get
the invoice number to increment by one each time i open it. BUT i have a big
problem when i have filled out the invoice with customer details and the
invoice number iss example 100 and then `save as` (cust name and no) it seems
to be carrying the macro with it - so when i open cust name inv 100 it
becomes 101 - and then i open template that becomes 102 and so on.
I need it to save as per the village software invoice - saves just a copy to
wherever i specify so if i need to reopen that copy it doesnt change the
invoice number.
Any help much appriciated