Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default how to change existing column to capital letters

Hi

It sounds as though ToolsOptionsCalculation is set to Manual.
Select Automatic instead and it should work fine.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"fredg" wrote in message
Roger: Thank you for your assistance. I tried your suggestion, but
all it
did was copy the 1st name down the entire column. Did I do something
wrong?
I tried your suggestion numerous times to eliminate any errors on my
part,
but i kept getting the same results. Pls. reply.

thanks in advance!!
fredg

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Fred

Assuming data is in column A, then in an empty column enter
=UPPER(A1)
Copy down new column for the extent of data in column A.
Copy new column and Paste SpecialValues back over column A.
Delete new column.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"fredg" wrote in message
current column is mixed upper and lower case names. I want the
entire
column
to be capital letters.