Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Calculating Cells n% message in Status bar

You have about 30,000 rows to which VLOOKUP is being applied.

If the calculation is taking too long to bear, you have the following options:

1) Use only one VLOOKUP at a time by placing an apostrophe to the left of
the = sign in the VLOOKUPs you do not want to run. The apostrophe turns the
formula in question into a text string, so it doesn't calculate.

2) Install more memory on your computer. For reference I just ran VLOOKUP
against 65,000 rows of data and it took my computer a good fifteen seconds,
and that is with a dual-core processor and 2.5 gigabytes of RAM. You're
asking a lot of Excel with those formulas!

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Marilyn" wrote:

I'm currently working with an Excel 2003 file. it contains 3 sheets and most
of the sheets contains 9424 rows of data. One sheet has the following
formulas:
=VLOOKUP(A2,V1_Forecast_Version!$A$1:$F$9241,1,0)
=VLOOKUP(A2,V1_Forecast_Version!$A$1:$F$9241,2,0)
=IF(VLOOKUP(A2,V1_Forecast_Version!$A$1:$F$9241,3, 0)="","",VLOOKUP(A2,V1_Forecast_Version!$A$1:$F$92 41,3,0))

The problem is that when I copy and paste data from one sheet to another
Excel displays Calculating Cells 5%, 10% and it takes a long time to get to
100%. I cant do any other work while this is happening. I have been looking
around for the answer but none of the solutions that I have seen works for me.

Can someone please help?