Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
scott scott is offline

Default Chart with small text

What I am trying to do is create a chart (as small as possible) and then
import that into a word document, and ideally make it larger or smaller. I'd
like the text to be quite small in the final chart (ie smaller than 8). I
can capture the chart as an image, and then make it a jpeg, but I lose
quality. What I was hoping to do was create a chart, import it into word,
and then click the corner of the imported chart to make it fit in the column
allocated....

"Pete_UK" wrote:

I presume you are using the Excel sheet as a piece of graph paper,
rather than generating a chart? You can adjust your printout to print
in Landscape rather than Portrait mode, and you can also select Print
to Fit using File | Page Setup | Page (tab) and ticking the appropriate
boxes. You might also think about rotating your numbers to be oriented
vertically.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Scott wrote:

I'm trying to make a small chart that would have days of the month (35 in
total)along the bottom and a square above each number that could be colored
to indicate certain days. I did it in excel using a column width of 2, and
an arial font of 8. However, when I print it, it extends over 1 page. And
if I copy it and paste it into a word document it doesn't fit on the page,
and I can'r shrink it. Is there a way to have really small boxes and text
(ideally I'd like 35 columns, with a number in each, fitting on half of one
page). I know it can done as I see small print and columns in other places.
Any suggestions. Thanks.