Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default combining multiple columns from multiple files

OK, do do it the way you want, in cell C2 (your 04usage column) type:

=VLOOKUP(A2,04filesheet1A:C,3,FALSE)
in the 05 and 06 columns, same exact formula, just change the workbook
you're using.

or, in C2,
=MAX(VLOOKUP(A2,04filesheet1A:C,3,FALSE), same with workbook 05, same with
workbook 06)

Hope that made sense.
"osiris73" wrote:

Here's my situation. I have 3 files covering 3 years (2004, 2005 and 2006).
Each contains 3 columns columns of information. Column A is Part Number.
Collumn B is Description. Column C is Quantity (sold that year).

I'm trying to determine the Min/Max levels we need to stock for each item.
Each year there are different part numbers for a variety of reasons. Some
discontinued, some new that year etc.

Basically, I want a sheet with columns that looks like this:

Part# Desc 04usage 05usage 06usage

Once I have a sheet that contains this, I can manage the rest. Or is there a
way to make a new sheet that draws the information from the 3 sheets?

Is this possible... and possible in a way that a noob like me can manage? I
got "volunteered" to do this, and for the life of me, can't understand why.

Thanks!

John