Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Warp4Dennis Warp4Dennis is offline

Default Excel Line Chart

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Is it possible the values are numbers stored as text? They will plot as
zeros until you convert them.

It didn't help. The cells were marked "General". Changing to "number"
for
Column B made no difference that I could detect.

If the numbers are stored as text, the cell's number format will not
necessarily help. To convert cells, copy a blank cell, select the cells to
convert, go to Edit menu, Paste Special, choose the Addition Operation
option, and press OK.

That is the Data from Column
B is not ploted and the Range still remains the same, 0.0 to 1.0.
The values for Column A appear at the bottom of the Chart where they
should
be.

Are these text labels or numbers? What kind of chart?

I would presume that it makes no difference where the VBA information is
entered, that is in the "Chart Wizard" step 2 you have a choise. "Data
Range" and "Series".
Since Excel understands VBA, is it possible that I have inadvertantly left
out
something from the Series "Value:" data that I gave?
Value: ='Historical Data'!$B$2:$B$256
What good is a "Pivot" chart or table?

I don't know what you're asking.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

I am still having difficulty with Excel and the conversion to a Line Chart.
I am now using a spread sheet that has .csv suffix.
The data looks like this:
Date,Close,Volume
16/1/2007,"35.87",12654073
X 256
The line chart (graph) looks ok with the Date being entered at the bottom.
At the moment I'm not using Volume.
The problem is still has to do with the middle value not being recognized by
excel when I try to make a line chart. It does not plot these values.
What's the problem? Is the quotation marks the problem?
You say in previous e-mails it could be because the values are marked as
being
text. It would be kind of nice if you would tell me how Excel recognizes
data as
text.

Thomas