benj

Default extract data from combo box n use it in SQL

not sure if i got the right forum

I have a form created by VBA, and on the form I have a combo box where
the user can specify the month and year. I need to retrieve data from a
database using SQL but i require the input from the combo box to be part
of my condition in my SQL statement to retrieve the data. so any idea
wat is the syntax for writing a SQL statement with the consideration of
the input from the combo box?

right now i have 2 combo box. 1 holding the months, the other holding
the year

SELECT b.OrgID, a.OrgName,eventDate, FROM tblossevent AS b, tbOrg AS a
WHERE eventdate BETWEEN convert(varchar,getdate()-30, 106) AND
convert(varchar,getdate(), 106)

this is wat i have initially
but i wan the eventdate to be obtained from the input of the combo box.
how shd i change my sql coding?

--
benj
benj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19303