Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Ridgeway Bill Ridgeway is offline

Default Converting Excel to CSV

If the information you don't require to go to the CSV file are not
contiguous you may like to add a field with an identifier. This would save
(especially if it is a large spreadsheet) trawling through and, possibly
missing a row.

I don't think hiding the row will work.

An easy way would be to -
copy your spreadsheet to a temporary spreadsheet
sort the temporary spreadsheet to bring together those rows identified
as not required
convert to CSV

Depending on how frequently you have to do this routine perhaps a macro may
be more efficient (but I'll leave that to those who know about macros!

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"HUNTER" wrote in message
I am using excel to save into csv form but i don't want to include certain
rows(those rows are of no use)
I want to know if there is any way using which i can exclude those rows If
any one know how to do that it will be a great help.

thanks in advance.....