Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pano pano is offline

Default Counting numbers with a letter attached in excel

Max, I did'nt pick it up till I reliazed that some cells will be empty,
and of course as soon as the cell was empty #value error.

Oh well I thought somehow you could trap the error if it was an empty
cell and return a zero or nothing at all.

Thanks for your help anyway it's much appreciated....

Max wrote:
That's an operating constraint <g. The error happens with Gary S's
suggestion too, so I'm surprised that you didn't comment on this in your
earlier response to GS. If GS's suggestion worked perfect for you, so will
mine.
--
Max
Singapore
"pano" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hmm, I've just discovered, that if the cell A1 does not have an entry
(is Blank) #value comes up in all cells because the cell is empty is
there a way around this as some cells will be empty