Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Countif funtion

I'm not sure which columns contain names, and which contain "closed" or what
is in third column at all. But this presumes names in K, "closed" in M -
nothing of consequence in L:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Assignments!K2:K1669="Brian"),--(Assignments!M2:M1669="closed"))
should give count of entries with both Brian and closed on same row.

"Dot" wrote:

I'm trying to bring three columns together that checks for a condition of a
persons name and counts how many items were processed. I have the first
function =COUNTIF(Assignments!K2:M1669,"Brian") that's working but I don't
want it to include the blank cells only cells that have "closed". What
information am I missing? I tried including the nested argument If but keep
getting a value error.
--
Dot