Dave Peterson

If you're in the middle of running your code, stop it.

Then the Tools|references may be available.

Then look under that option for references that are marked MISSING.

A missing reference will cause the procedure to not compile--and might point at
any old line.

Once you find that missing reference, you'll either have to deselect it or find
what it is and correct it.

Richard Jonas wrote:

I've written a VBA application in Excel 2002, which works correctly.
This should work on all recent versions of Excel, so I've been testing
it on Excel 2003. This includes the lines:

Dim a as String
a = "text" + Chr(34)

On Excel 2003, I'm getting the error "Compile error: Can't find
project or library", and the Chr function is highlighted.

If it's helpful, I've tried commenting this line out and I also get
the same error elsewhere when I use the Space() function. The rest of
the code runs successfully.

I've seen elsewhere that I should look in the "References" option
under the "Tools" menu, but the menu option appears to be greyed out
and I can't select it.

Does anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

Thanks,

Richard Jonas

--

Dave Peterson