Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Looking for help in NJ Looking for help in NJ is offline

Default Long time to launch/open/hang Excel 2003

When clicking on a file icon on desktop, or an excel file in my documents,
Excel 2003 takes well over a minute to launch...sometimes two minutes.
However, if I go to start, open excel, then click file and open, any file I
choose opens immediately...whether it's on my computer or a shared file on a
networked computer.

This is a new developmentin the last week. I have not installed anything
new or changed any settings. I've cleared out the temp files, checked for
the latest updates and turned off norton.

Any ideas how I can clear this up? Thanks in advance.