Dave Peterson

Maybe a macro solution???

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range

With ActiveSheet
Set myRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
End With

For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
myRng.Offset(0, 2).Value = myCell.Value _
& " " & myCell.Offset(0, 1).Value
Next myCell

Another solution might be to give the workbook to someone else, let them do
whatever it takes to merge those two columns and have them return it to you with
no formulas.

Or...
Say your data is in A1:B10 (two columns of 10 rows).

Copy A1:A10 and paste into C1:C10

Now for each cell in b1:B10, select that cell, copy the contents from the
formula bar (that's important).

Then select C1. Hit F2 to edit it.
Hit a spacebar (to separate the values???)
hit ctrl-v to paste in the copied text.

Then do C2, C3, ...

April wrote:

I need to be able to merge two colums of text into one column without lossing
the information and I'm not allowed to use a formula! This is an assignment
and we are allowed to use any resource to find our answer. I hope someone
can give me a hand. Thanks

April

--

Dave Peterson