Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
govols865 govols865 is offline

Default Setting up an If-Then Statement that will pull from a valdiate

Thank you!!

I was actually looking around while I waited for a reply, and found that
site in another answered post. Great website, great instructions.. I am going
through them now. If I need more help, I will post again.

I appreciate your quick answer!

"T. Valko" wrote:

See this:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Biff

"govols865" wrote in message
Hi! Can anyone help me?

I have Excel 2003.

I have created several validated lists. Now, I want to be able to tie
these
together.

For example, in the first cell, my drop down list choices are A, B, and C.
would like the second cell to bring up a drop down from a validated list
that
I have created, and the list that is shown is dependent on the original
choices in my first cell (A,B, or C).

So for example, if in my first cell I chose 'Car Manufacturer' from my
validated drop down list, I want the second cell to show drop down choices
from the list I created that includes Acura, Ford, etc. BUT, if I choose
'Motorcycle Manufacturer' in my first cell, I want the second cell to show
choices from another list (Honda, Kawasaki), etc.

Does this make sense? How can I do this?
Thank you for your help!
Angie