Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
LCK LCK is offline

Default Numbers display as 4.5 instead of 45

Thanks, that worked!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

This is the normal way for Excel to behave. I type 69 and I get 69. If you
get 6.9 then somehow your Excel has been set to customized to add the
decimal.
Solution: use Tools | Options and open the Edit tab; uncheck the box
labelled "Fixed decimal"
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"LCK" wrote in message
I want to be able to type in two digit numbers without them displaying as a
one digit number with a decimal. i.e. I want to type 45 and have it show
up
as 45 and not 4.5. I can accomplish this by formatting the cells as text,
but
then my functions don't work.

Seems like there has to be an easy answer?