Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Umlas Bob Umlas is offline

Default setting a formula to apply to all rows in a column

If you have at least 5 rows already set up, then simply entering data in the
other columns in new rows will automatically fill in the formulas. You do
have to have this setting: Tools/Options/Edit/"Extend data range formats and
formulas" -- the last needs to be checked.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

I'm leading a FREE 1-hour online Webinar on Excel Tips & Tricks on Feb 13
and Feb 26 from 6-7PM est. If interested,
go to http://www.iil.com, click on the yellow/orange "Try a free webinar"
link
on the left side, click the Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks link,
follow instructions to register.

You can also order my book on tips & tricks by visiting the site
http://www.iil.com/iil/excelmagic
Thanks.
Bob Umlas

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
message ...

I want to set a simple (k-e) formula to apply to all rows in a column
rather than to a finite set of rows. This is because I want people to be
able to add an indefinite number of rows without the formula suddenly
stopping working. Is this possible? (I asked my work IT helpdesk but
they didn't know how to do it nor whether it was possible! :)

thanks folks,

--
dave @ stejonda