Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max Max is offline

Default setting a formula to apply to all rows in a column

Maybe you mean something like this
In say, L2:
=IF(COUNT(E2,K2)<2,"",K2-E2)
Copy L2 down to cover the max expected extent of data in cols E and K, say
down to L200. Col L will then appear "blank" until numbers are entered into
both cols E and K.
--
Max
Singapore

I want to set a simple (k-e) formula to apply to all rows in a column
rather than to a finite set of rows. This is because I want people to be
able to add an indefinite number of rows without the formula suddenly
stopping working. Is this possible? (I asked my work IT helpdesk but they
didn't know how to do it nor whether it was possible! :)

thanks folks,

--
dave @ stejonda