Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default mySQL timestamp to readable format

You have to parse it.

Assume 20070112130325 is in A1.

=LEFT(A1,4) = 2007
=MID(A1,5,2) = 01 -- repeat this formula, increasing the 5 by the number of
characters, from left to right, you want to start at for each additional
extraction. The 2 is the number of characters you want to extract.

If you have a lot of these numbers, then just copy the formulas down as
necessary

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

How would I go about doing this? The format is 20070112130325, so
basically YYYYMMDDhhmmss. Does Excel have anything built in to convert
this to a readable format or do I have to parse it to format it?