Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Inserting a tab

ps.

Personally, I think you'd be better served by giving each worksheet a
significant name--even if it's just the date and time (yyyy_mm_dd or
yyyymmdd_hhmmss to make sorting easier).

wrote:

Presently I have a Workbook that contains about 120 tabs. They're all
named in Alphabetical order. A,B,C etc. They're all in order. My
problem is I need to insert a sheet between Z and AA. Therefore I need
the new sheet to be called AA and the old AA to be AB, the old AB to be
AC. . . etc. Each of these sheets have info on stores and it's
important that I have the stores in the correct order.

This is not a one time thing, it's possible I will have to remove a
sheet or two with time also.

Any ideas?

I did find chip pearson's sorting macro which is great but I really
need to mass rename almost all of my sheets (tabs).

Tracy

--

Dave Peterson