Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default A question about the Count/CountIf function

Hi Carl

Try
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$100="ABC")*($B$1:$B$100<1)*($ C$1:$C$100200))
Change ranges to suit, but ensure that they are of equal length.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"carl" wrote in message
I have a counting question.

I have some columns that have codes and numbers in them and want to
count
the amount of times that they appear in that specific column. That is
easy.
But I also have other data in other columns that I want the count
function to
refer to. So I have one column with codes in (e.g. ABC and DEF) and I
have
another column with weights in (e.g 0.7 and 1.4). I want to create a
function that counts how many times ABC appears when it weighs less
than 1.0.
Can I do this?

Also, can I expand the function further. For example I have another
column
with length in it (e.g 120 and 340). Can I have a function that
counts the
amount of times that ABC appears when it weighs less than 1.0 and is
longer
that 200?