Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default What formula to use?

Assume you have the unique district numbers listed on sheet2 in the range
A2:An

The other data is on sheet1, district numbers in B2:B10 and classes taken in
C2:10

Enter this formula on sheet2 in cell B2:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!B$2:B$10,A2,Sheet1!C$2:C$10)

Copy down as needed.

Biff

"plunk25" wrote in message
I have an excel sheet with two columns that I need to pull data from. One
column contains employee names, the other contains a district number for
each
employee, and the other contains the number of classes taken for each
employee.

I need to create another worksheet that contains the total number classes
taken per district. How would I go about doing this?