Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default COUNTIF for criteria in two separate columns (Excel 2003)

Yes

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Mimi" wrote:

Thank you.
So If I have 10 different departments, I have to replace the name of the
department for each one?

"Dave F" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="Department"),--(B1:B10="Yes"))

Replace the ranges with the appropriate ranges for your situation, and
replace Department with the name of the relevant department (but keep the
double quotes). To count the Nos just change the Yes above to No

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Mimi" wrote:

I want to count the yes's and no's in column B for each department in column
A. So, if I have 10 unique names in column A, I want to know how many no's
for a particular name, and how many yes's for that same name.
I am new to Excel functions.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mimi