Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Darryl Darryl is offline

Default Calculate needed gallons of water, based on weight of person

Hello.

Excel Newbie here. I've been asked to create a spreadsheet that will
calculate the gallons of water needed based on the Height and weight of
a person going into a walk-in bathtub with a door. It is really to
determine how large of a tub to put in for a person based on their
size.

I'm guessing you will need information on the dimensions of the tub?
The client mentioned water displacement, and the numbers that follow

Here is what he told me he found out about water displacement

63 lbs will displace w62lbs of water
100lbs displaces ½ cubic feet of water
1 gallon weighs 8lbs
8 gallons = 1 cubic foot

I'm not sure where to EVEN start with this. Am I over my head, or do I
even have enough information?

Thanks for the help.