Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Another formula question

Use =MIN(IF(A1:A6="Apples",B1:B6))
but enter it with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER as it is an array formula.
Excel will place the formula with in curly braces {}
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"WendyBTR8860" wrote in message
I have another formula question similar to my previous post.

Now I would like to create a formula in one cell that would produce the
lowest amount given in a range. For example:

Column A Column B
Apples $5
Oranges $20
Bananas $15
Apples $10
Pears $50
Apples $30

From the chart above, I can see that the LEAST amount spent on Apples was
$5. I would like to create a formula that would lookup Apples in column A
and
then give me the lease amount I've spent on apples in the corresponding
amount from column B.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!