Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
phocused phocused is offline

Default Using an Array to calculate the number of days between dates a

Roger,

I figured it out but am still confused to how it worked.

Is there any way I can ask a favour, is it possible you could take me
through what is happening in the calculation?

I understand that it is taking the product of the array and multiplying it
by the product of the second array but i just dont see how it arrives at 1 or
2 or whatever :-)

Rgds Paul

PS i will understand if this is to long and arduos.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Paul

Well figured out!!
Many thanks for letting us know you resolved the problem.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"phocused" wrote in message
I figured it out, woohooo!

If I put -1 into cell e1 it performs the calculation on the dates that
are
equal as well.

thanks

Rgds Paul

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B10-A1:A10),--(C1:C10="Approved"))

etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"phocused" wrote in message

I have a list of Start Dates starting in A2 and running down to
A35. I
also
have a list of End Date strting in B2 and running down to B35
(Note: Not
all
start dates will have a corresponding end date)
Listed in C2 is a status, Approved, Rejected etc

Problem
I am trying to calculate the number of days between the start and
end date
and list it as the number approved, rejected in 5 days or less : 6
to 10
days
: 10 to 20 days or greater than 20Days
I also want to break this down by month

So i would end up with a result looking like

Stats for December
number of calls closed in <= 5 days 6 - 10 days
10 - 20
days 20@
Approved 3 2
10 0
Rejected 1 0
0 0

I can do this over several calculations using several worksheets,
but i
would like to do it in a single sheet using an array

Is this possible ?

Rgds Paul