Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default MS-Excel VBA file (XLA) saving problem

Are you sure you're saving to the location you want? Maybe you have an updated
file in a different location?

I've never had any trouble saving from the VBE (making sure that the .xla
project was the active project first), but I've read posts from others that say
they have.

You could try this to save your addin:
hit alt-f11 to open the VBE
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window

type something like:
workbooks("myaddinnamehere.xla").save

Test with a minor change, then close excel and reopen to see if it worked.

Some have put a module in that addin with a procedure that does the same kind of
thing.

Option Explicit
Sub SaveMeNow()
thisworkbook.save
end sub

And just run that whenever they want.

Arvind Jagtap wrote:

Hello,

I have written one MS-Excel add-in. One day I modified it and saved. When I
closed Excel and I found the changes are lost. They don't get saved. Since
then I could not save a single byte in that XLA file. I tried many things,
but in vain.

At last I reinstalled MS-Office hoping this will solve the problem. But this
didn't work. Please help me.

Is it a known bug? If yes, what is the workaround?

Thanks,

Arvind

--

Dave Peterson