Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default is there a way to program my Excel file to do a loop?

OK, I'm trying to understand the question completely, so let me put it the
way I understand it:
A1,A2,A3 and A4 will have variables
B10 to B17 will be calculations off of A1, C10 is a calc of A2, C11 is a
calc of A3 and C12 is a calc of A4
You want these calculated values to sum up in cell D10, and whichever one
sums up the smallest number, you want that variable from the A column to be
highlighted.

Assuming all of this, I would try this:
Put your formulas in the b and c cells
I would have the results of the calculations in three places, not just D10.

So, reuslts from the B cells goes in, say, B18
Then, the other ones are only one value anyway, so no need to put a results
cell anywhere.

Now, go to cells A1
go to Format -Conditional Formatting
Select formula is from the drop-down box
Type =A1=MAX(B18,C10,C11,C12)
Go to cells A2, A3 and A4 and repeat the above, but change the formula to
=A2 etc., =A3 etc.

Hope you get the idea there...

Let me know if that's what you're looking for!

"cfman" wrote:

Hi all,

If I want B10 to B17 all follow the change of the same number(copy cell),
let's say I put it in A1,

and C10 follows the change of A2(copy cell), and C11 follows the change of
A3(copy cell), and C12 follows the change of A4(copy cell),

then I have 4 variables in my calculations: A1, A2, A3, A4.

I want to loop each of the variables in a different set,

then I hope the whole worksheet will be able to refresh following the change
of A1, A2, A3, A4,

and then I want to find the very set of A1, A2, A3, A4 that gives the
smallest value of D10,

how do I program the whole procedure in Excel?

Please give me detailed program, I am really a newbie in Excel, I tend to
learn better with hands-on problem and sample detailed answers.

Thanks a lot and happy near year!