Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marie Bayes Marie Bayes is offline

Default Macro to run on file open

That worked fine, thanks. I'd put it in the right place but when I called my
macro I forgot to put Sheet1 before the name!

"CLR" wrote:

Ok, get back to us when you can check it out..........it's a little tricky
until you've done it a few times....

Have a good day,

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Marie Bayes" wrote:

I thought that's what i did, not at the right computer right now, but will
double check, thanks.

"CLR" wrote:

That's what Don was saying.........are you sure you put it in the
"ThisWorkbook" module?
Right-click on a Tab, ViewCode then double-click on the "ThisWorkbook"
module and paste in the right hand window.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Marie Bayes" wrote:

Hi

Thanks for that, I've put this into a module, when I run it, all works fine,
but when I open my spreadsheet, nothing happens, is there something else I
need to do?

"CLR" wrote:

Yup, I forgot to mention it...........thanks for the catch Don.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Don Guillett" wrote:

This needs to be put in the ThisWorkbook module.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"CLR" wrote in message

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Call YourMacroName
End Sub

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Marie Bayes" wrote:

Hi

Is there a way to start a macro running as soon as a file opens?

Thanks