Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default links in Excel

If you have link with in the Workbook or across the sheets within the
workbook, you will not face this problem. Because the Server is the same
worksheet and the client is the link within the worksheet €“ any sheet with in
the workbook, therefore saving the file will update the link for that excel
immediately and you will not be prompted for any message.

However, I assume that you have two different workbook and have a link
across the workbook. This will prompt you the message to continue or edit,
because the link document is dependent on the other €“ source €“ document and
you have no option like Microsoft Words feature to automatically update the
linked information when you use a Edit -€śPaste Special€ť option.

Challa Prabhu

"Monica" wrote:

When opening a workbook that has one link it comes up and says that this
workbook has a link that cannot be updated, "Continue" or " Edit Links". I
then click edit links and click on check status on that link and it
immediately says that the link is ok. Why is it prompting me in teh first
place???