Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tlazio Tlazio is offline

Default using countif

I am trying to select the same cell (B7) in several excel sheets that are
located in the same workbook, this cell may or may not contain an X, those
that do I want the total amount in a separate sheet. Steps used a
=countif( select the fisrt sheet, hold the shift key and selceted the last
sheet, select the cell and then complete the formla, hit enter. The formula
is: =countif('Survey 1:Survey 13'!B7,"X") the result result is #Value! The
value should have been 12, what am I doing wrong?

TLazio