Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Excel and Windows Login ID problem...

Tad

Try this in the ThisWorkbook module (To implement right click the lower of
the two Excel icons, top left of the window and select view code, paste here
and close out) it will place the Username in cell A1 on sheet1...Bam!

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Environ("Username")

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
DTHIS
www.nickhodge.co.uk

"Tad Anglin" wrote in message
I need to know if there is a function that will allow an excel spreadsheet
cell to automatically populate itself with the login id of the person
using
the computer?

Example of how I would like it to work....
1. A person opens a spreadsheet
2. And bam!! Cell A1 shows their windows login id