Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eric Eric is offline

Default How do I protect formatting only?

The usual default is to allow users to Select both locked and unlocked cells.
By allowing those 2 options, users can select, add, or delete data without
being allowed to change the formatting of the sheet.

"ecav" wrote:

There's no option for "entering data." How do I allow users to enter data?

"Eric" wrote:

Go to protect sheet and select the options you want to allow users to do.

"ecav" wrote:

I'm trying to prevent the formatting from changing on a worksheet (Excel
2003) while still allowing users to enter data. Is this possible?