Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Warp4Dennis Warp4Dennis is offline

Default Excel Line Chart

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

"Warp4Dennis" wrote in message
MS Excel is now at level SP-3. Updating has corrected some problems that
had to work around.
The Charts Wizard seems to be more predictable.
That is, I only get now one "Series" name insted of 200+ names.
I can now concentrate on putting the proper values in the input boxes
with
the correct formulars.
I presume that Excel understands VBA?
Now I am able to almost get the Chart in the form that I want. The dates
are at
the bottom where they are suppose to be. The only problem now is the
"Data"!
Excel still does not find the data from the .xls worksheet altho it is
marked and
I entered the data as a Range in the "Value" window.
As near as I can remember the Range is: ='Historical Data'!$B$2:$B$254
The range on the left side of the Chart is still 0.0 to 1.0. In the past
with CSV
the data was found and the Range was adjusted to cover the values in the
cells

and the lines were drawn. At the moment this is not done.
Is it possible that because the Data is in the range of 10.0 and 40.0 and
the

Range is given in the Chart as 0.0 to 1.0 that is the reason that no data
is
ploted? Or is it due to something else that I have overlooked?
So far I have not found a way to change the Range until the very end.

Is it possible the values are numbers stored as text? They will plot as
zeros until you convert them.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

It didn't help. The cells were marked "General". Changing to "number" for
Column B made no difference that I could detect. That is the Data from
Column
B is not ploted and the Range still remains the same, 0.0 to 1.0.
The values for Column A appear at the bottom of the Chart where they should
be.
I would presume that it makes no difference where the VBA information is
entered, that is in the "Chart Wizard" step 2 you have a choise. "Data
Range" and "Series".
Since Excel understands VBA, is it possible that I have inadvertantly left
out
something from the Series "Value:" data that I gave?
Value: ='Historical Data'!$B$2:$B$256
What good is a "Pivot" chart or table?