Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CB CB is offline

Default Stoplight

Dave,
Thanks for your response. You are correct in assuming that I have the words
red, green or yellow. Although, the conditional formatting with cell shading
is much better than the words, what I wish to do is for every cell that
contains green insert a green stoplight, for red a red stoplight and for
yellow a yellow stoplight. For cells with no data remain empty.

"Dave F" wrote:

I'm assuming you mean that you have the words red, green or yellow and you
want to replace those words with their corresponding colors? If that's the
case, use conditional formatting. Fomat--Conditional formatting.

In the dialogue box instruct XL to replace a cell whose value is "red" with
the shade red (and make the font red so that it is obscured by the red
background). Repeat this step for green and yellow.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"CB" wrote:

I am importing information from another app to excel. I have a column (k)
which has Red, Green or Yellow in some of the cells. For these cell only
that have the text I would like to replace the text with the appropriate
stoplight. Can anyone please help me?
Thanks in advance for your help.