Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Office User Office User is offline

Default figure to date totals based on month

It still gives me #VALUE! as the result. Sorry.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($H$2:$S$2)<=MONTH(C5)),H5:S5)

"Office User" wrote:

I'm trying to figure year to date totals based on month. The formula needs
to figure a person's total hours of vacation used since anniversary month
(which is just the month of their hire date). I have a spreadsheet with
month headings Jan thru Dec in H2:S2 with vacation hours taken each month by
each employee in rows under these headings. It looks something like this:

Jan Feb Mar . . .
10 0 10
0 8 0
2 0 0

If the first person started working in March, their total YTD needs to just
add months March through Dec, but the next person may have started in Sept so
that line needs to add months Sept through Dec.

With hire date in column C, month headings in H2:S2, and data in row 5,
here's the formula I have tried but receive #VALUE!

=SUMPRODUCT(--(--(MONTH($H$2:$S$2))<=(MONTH(C5))),--(--(H5:S5)))

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Marcia