Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default How do I show only the whole number w/o eliminating four decim

Odd. It doesn't round up on my machine. What version of XL are you using?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"kell~0" wrote:

When I use that button, the whole number is rounded up. So, it goes like this:
$104,978.6849
$104,978.685
$104,978.69
$104,978.7
$104,979

It needs to show $104,978.

Any other trick in your bag?

"Dave F" wrote:

The formatting toolbar has a button that allows you to decrease the number of
decimals. It looks like an arrow pointing to the right with a bunch of
zeroes on it...

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"kell~0" wrote:

I need to show only the whole number, not the number resulting by removing
the decimals. We do not want to force all of these cells.

So, if the number is $104,978.6849 it needs to show $104,978, not $104,979

How do I do this?