Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Michael in Texas Michael in Texas is offline

Default Linking to Workbooks with Constantly Changing Names

I need to link to workbooks whose names will be constantly changing. I want
to access a data file that has labor cost info such as hours worked,
overtime, wages, etc. Each week I need to print reports based on this info
that will communicate to the production team how they are doing. The problem
is that these files will have a new name each week: 06 JAN 2007, then 12 JAN
2007, etc.

So in my report worksheet I want to just type the name of the new file into
a cell and use the cell reference to build my formulas. So in Cell A1 I
would type the name of the new file. And in buiilding my formulas I will
tell the cell to look for the worksheet named "new file name" and then go to
this tab; etc.

Any ideas?