Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I automate moving data when....

What you want to do is very common, especially in managing "to-do lists".
When something is done, don't erase it, just move it to the bottom.

Without VBA this can be done easily with sorting. Pre-fill in the Date
column with zeros. After you have completed a case and entered a real date,
sort the table by the date column.

All the real dates (completed cases rows) will sink to the bottom.

To further automate this would requireVBA
--
Gary's Student

"Andrew@RESPA" wrote:

How can I automate a row of data moving to another part of a spreadsheet when
a condition is met?
Specifically, I have a spreadsheet of open and closed cases and I want to
move rows of data to the bottom of the worksheet, below a fixed line that
says "Closed Cases" when the column titled "Date Closed" is filled in.
Thanks!