Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default hide formulas on the worksheet

It's the shortcut that's equivalent to:

Tools|Options|View tab|Formulas

But I don't think that's what you want.

If you want to hide the formula, you'll have to lock the cell(s) and then
protect the worksheet.

Select the cells to lock (and hide).
format|cells|protection tab|check Locked and check Hidden

Now protect the worksheet:
tools|Protection|protect sheet

But this isn't foolproof. Worksheet protection is easily broken.

And be aware that there are lots of things you can't do on a protected
worksheet.

Shariq wrote:

I searched on help menu for hiding formulas on the sheet, so what I found was
this

Switch between displaying formulas and their values on a worksheet

Press CTRL + ` (grave accent).

but I've got no clue what it means to press control + ?? so what is this
grave accent?
how do I get it?
please help!

What I really want to do is in a worksheet what I have made for some
calculation pupose for other users too, to avoid any kind of overwriting in
those cells containing formulas, to be protected+hide the formulas anyhow so
what should be done to do this please somebody tell me.

thanks in advance

--

Dave Peterson