Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Myriam Myriam is offline

Default Validation

Thanks Chuck.
Regards,

"CLR" wrote:

Sorry, hit the SEND button too soon.........
should be....

Data Validation SettingsTab Allow: select LIST Source: select your
list plus one blank cell OK

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote:

Select the cell you wish to validate..........

Data Validation SettingsTab Allow: select LIST

"Myriam" wrote:

Hi,
I'm validating a cell, using Name range, I have 5 items and a blank. I
don't know if I'm trying to do something that Excel won't allow.

I need users to select from the given items, without being able to override
those items, but at the same time I need a blank for users to add a new item
if necessary. Is this possible?
As always, any light you can give me is highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards,