Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Using cell value in formula

You could try:
=COUNTBLANK(D2:INDIRECT("D"&(MATCH(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(Evaluations_Query!A1:A3417)))+1)))
--
David Biddulph

"Engels" wrote in message

I want to use the COUNTBLANK formula to count the number of empty cells in
column up until the end of the list of records. I don't know the definite
number of records so i need to dynamically assign the number that the cell
number that the formla should count up to.

ie
COUNT BLANK(D2:Dxxx) where Dxxx is equal to the following function

=MATCH(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(Evaluations_Query!A1:A3417)))+1

how do i generically insert formular into functions or is this even
possible?