Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jcb jcb is offline

Default How do I return a mileage value from a row and column value

Yes, I think this will help, many thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

See if this sample file is what you had in mind:

Distance_lookup.xls 15kb

http://cjoint.com/?bidPlfsoLM

Biff

"jcb" wrote in message
I want to show a list of names, and their distance from a specified point.
By selecting a point from a list I want excel to search a table and return
list of names of people who are, say, less than 10 miles from the selected
point. The table will contain names in the first column and places in the
first row, with the distances in the table, a bit like a mileage between
table??