Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Subtracting cells and getting a null return

The gap is between -4 an 4.

Your conditions stipulate *LESS* then -4,
AND
*GREATER* then 4,

SO ... Tell me ... where does "2" get addressed?
It's *not* less then -4,
AND
It's *not* greater then 4 !?!?

RD

"Nick Horn" wrote in message
Not entirley sure if I have understood you - but the Conditional

Formatting
is done through the Format option on the Toolbar and is:
Condition 1
Cell value is less than -4 then I have pattern as blue and font
white

Condition 2
Cell value is greater than 4 then I have pattern as green and font
automatic(black)

Can't see any gaps with the 4 -4.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

What's your actual CF formula?

Do you have an un-addressed gap between 4 and -4?

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"Nick Horn" wrote in message
Hi many thanks for your help on both my queries.

The cells that you gave me the formula for (below) uses conditional
formatting, highliting the cell green if greater than 4 and blue if

less
than
-4.

Using your formula results in the cell highlighting Green - any ideas

as
why? I can live with the problem so if it takes up too much of your

time
please don't wory about it.

Best wishes

Nick

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",A1-B1)

"Nick Horn" wrote:

I need to to subtract two cells. If the cell is empty I need a

null
return.
e.g.
A1 B1 C1
22 20 2
10 8 -2
10 The value in C1 needs to be blank, so that when the

value
in A1
is added later then C1 will recalculate.

The resultant calculated values will be used in mean, standard

deviation and
COUNTIF calculations.
As always many thanks to all of you out there - you are doing a

brilliant
job for duffers like me.