Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

Default How do I deal with a "Too many different cell formats".

Dave

I have tried the Open Office procedure and it has worked. Now I am in a
position to reformat the file. Until I tried this procedure I was finding it
very difficult [well, actually impossible] to reformat the file and was about
to apply the Edit-Clear-Format command to all the sheets.

Paul

Pau
--
Paul Gauci

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe...

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then
they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up
version.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD

Paul Gauci wrote:

Further to my question.
I am trying to remove some formatting (am avoiding the Edit-Clear-Format
command for the moment as this will require me to carry out a major
reformatting of over 60 worksheets), but I am not being permitted to undo
such formats. I basiccally need to avoid redoing most of my work.
--
Paul Gauci

"Paul Gauci" wrote:

I keep getting the message "Too many different cell formats" which is
prfeventing me from completing my current assignment. The file that I am
working on has grown to about 4MB.

Is there a way in which I can go around thgis probelm?

--
Paul Gauci

--

Dave Peterson