Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

Default How do I deal with a "Too many different cell formats".

Thanks Nick

The problem is that Excel is not permitting the editing of existing formats.

Paul

--
Paul Gauci

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Paul

The limit is easy to reach in versions pre 2007. Any difference is counted
as different, size, colour, border, bold, etc. You will need to clear some
to allow you to get by the error, but then set up some styles under
FormatStyles... This way you can be sure you are formatting 10 different
styles all the same rather than the random way most formatting is organised.

Still may mean re-doing quite a bit of work

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Paul Gauci" wrote in message
I keep getting the message "Too many different cell formats" which is
prfeventing me from completing my current assignment. The file that I am
working on has grown to about 4MB.

Is there a way in which I can go around thgis probelm?

--
Paul Gauci