Alden

Simple, elegant solution. Thanks for the help! You've saved me from carpal
tunnel syndrome.

Alden

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Copy an empty cell, select the import and paste special and select add

Peo Sjoblom

"Alden" wrote in message
We have a software package from which we can export data to MS Excel.
However, when exported it arrives in Excel as text. Even though they are
numbers, they act like text. The only way to convert them text to numbers

is
to edit the cell (press F2) and hit enter. I've tried every other method

of
copying and pasting (even pasting special), but nothing seems to work.

Any
ideas?