Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
fredmr fredmr is offline

Default Formula Replication

Thanks Don,

I really don't understand what you just told me. How would you write that
equation or change to what style??

Fred

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Change from r1c1 style and you will see that you are in absolutes.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"fredmr" wrote in message
Thank all three of you for answering.

Calculation ISWAS set to Automatic.
Am not using "Absolute" symbolization (like R5C3, NOT $R$5)

Example: If I have this equation in R5C4,
=IF(SUM(R5C1:R5C3)="","",SUM(R5C1:R5C3))

If I try to replicate/drag that equation down the Column4 to rows 6 thru
12, "R5" stays and does not change to R6, R7, R8.....

Could there be something in the "Lock" features of XCELL that I should
check??

Again, thanks for your answers,

Fred

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Do you have calculation set to automatic?
Have you removed the absolute references $$$$$
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"fredmr" wrote in message
I am trying to replicate a formula down a Column and all I get is an
exact(absolute) copy.

I have tried to use the "Drag Handle" and the
"Highlight-Edit-Copy-Drag/Highlight-Paste" functions but All I get is a
"Copy" with no updating of the "Row" information.

Any suggestions along this line would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Fred

PS: I am using Xcel 2003