Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ildhund Ildhund is offline

Default Saving Excel Icon to Desktop

You're not giving us much to go on, are you! Which version of Excel, which
OS?
If you right-click on the desktop in XP, for example, and choose New
Shortcut, you can select excel.exe (in %program files%\Microsoft
Office\Office, for example) and place a shortcut to the program file on your
desktop. Or if it's a specific workbook you want to have a shortcut to, same
procedure. It should make no difference what customization changes you may
have made,like adjusting toolbars.

--
Noel

"Candy" wrote in message
I want to save an icon to my desktop for Excel, but first I want to remove
one of the toolbars checked in the program. I can find no way to send the
icon to the desktop after I do that. Is there any way around this
problem?

Thanks in advance to whomever can can answer my question,
Candy